Skip to content

Family-Based Immigration in Miami

Residence in the U.S. for You & Your Family

Lawful permanent residency can be achieved with family-based immigration. If you have family members who are United States citizens or lawful permanent residents, you have the opportunity to obtain a green card.

Immediate relatives can gain legal permanent residency if they related in any of the following ways to a U.S. citizen:

  • Parents
  • A spouse
  • Children

Other family members of U.S. citizens can qualify but will not have the same benefits or receive the same visa preference as immediate family members. As the legal permanent resident wishing to bring your loved ones into the United States, you will need the insight and experience of our Miami immigration attorney. Call Sibirsky Law Firm, P.A. today at (305) 381-9797.

Winning Legal Advocacy

The Process of Obtaining a Green Card

While you seek legal permanent residency based on association with a family member or on behalf of a family member, our Miami immigration lawyer can help you through each step. After a visa petition is approved, you can fill out a green card application. Your application will be assessed by the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services.

Close, but not immediate, family members of a U.S. citizen will be restricted by a numerical limit of immigrant visas and placed into one of several different categories. Ensure that all steps are accurately taken and all information is correctly provided. Our attorney can help you complete this process successfully.

Miami Immigration Attorney with Over a Decade of Insight

Are you seeking to move your family to the U.S.? You may need help obtaining a family visa. This is where Sibirsky Law Firm, P.A. comes in. Our Miami immigration attorney can guide you through the complex application process and ensure you put the strongest foot forward. Board certified in immigration and nationality law, he is highly qualified to assist with your case.

It is important to understand that there are two different types of family visas are available for eligible sponsors. This includes immediate relative immigrant visas and family preference immigrant visas. Let our lawyer help you determine which option is most suitable for your family! Call our South Florida immigration firm at (305) 381-9797.

Immediate Relative Immigrant Visas

These types of visas can only be applied for by U.S. citizens and are for those who are immediate relatives of the individual. This includes spouses, children, adopted children, and parents. There is no limit on the amount of immediate relative immigrant visas that may be issued, making this a viable option.

You may apply under one of the five visa categories:

  • IF-1: Spouse
  • IF-2: Children who are unmarried and under 21
  • IF-3: Orphans who are adopted abroad
  • IF-4: Orphans adopted in the U.S.
  • IF-5: Parents

 Family Preference Immigrant Visas

These visas can be applied for by both lawful permanent residents and U.S. citizens. The number of these visas are limited and no more visas will be provided after the maximum number has been reached.

There are four categories:

  • F1: Unmarried children of U.S. citizens and their minor children
  • F2: Spouses, minor children, and unmarried children of lawful permanent residents
  • F3: Married children of U.S. citizens, and their spouses and minor children
  • F4: Siblings of U.S. citizens, and their spouses and minor children

U.S. Sponsor Requirements

One of the first requirements is completing Form I-130. Sponsors must be at least 21 years of age to file for visas on behalf of their siblings or parents. However, as long as sponsors are 18 years of age when they sign the Affidavit of Support, they can file for an immigrant visa for any other family member mentioned in the above categories.

This process becomes increasingly complex to follow which is why you are advised to secure legal counsel and guidance during this time. Sibirsky Law Firm, P.A. can help you finish the process successfully and effectively. With experience navigating the immigration process and an aggressive approach, our highly qualified Miami immigration lawyer is ready to help you and your family secure your future in the United States.

Guidance from a Miami Immigration Lawyer

Do you have a fiancé living outside of the U.S.? If so, you can sponsor him or her to receive a K-1 visa in order to marry you here in the United States. While this does not guarantee permanent residence or citizenship, it can be a solid stepping stone for ensuring your fiancé can continue to build a long-term life with you in the U.S. If you need counsel, you can retain the services of our immigration attorney in Miami, FL. We serve clients throughout South Florida and beyond.

Our attorney is board certified in immigration and nationality law. Call (305) 381-9797 now!

Eligibility for a Fiancé (K-1) Visa

  • There are some eligibility requirements both you and your fiancé will have to meet:
  • The sponsor must be a U.S. citizen
  • You must marry your fiancé within 90 days of his or her arrival in the United States
  • Both of you must be eligible to marry, meaning that any and all previous marriages have been terminated
  • The two of you must have met at least once within 2 years of beginning the visa process. There are two exceptions, if meeting would somehow violate long-standing customs or traditions or if meeting would cause undue stress and hardship for either party
  • Your fiancé must meet certain immigrant visa requirements
  • After marriage, the immigrant spouse must apply for adjustment of status to be a lawful permanent resident in order to stay in the United States

What About the Children of a Foreign Fiancé?

If your fiancé has children, they may apply for a K-2 visa. This will allow them to join their parent as they immigrate to the U.S. To begin the process, the U.S. Citizen sponsor must fill out the petition, Form I-129F, Petition for Alien Fiancé.

With the process becoming incredibly complex after the petition, it is imperative that you retain the services of a proven immigration firm in South Florida. Sibirsky Law Firm, P.A. is the firm you want behind your case. As a member of the American Immigration Lawyers Association, Attorney Sibirsky is well qualified to handle such cases. He offers insightful, step-by-step guidance throughout the entire process, helping you correctly apply for a fiancé visa.

Contact Us

Contact our Miami family immigration lawyer at Sibirsky Law Firm, P.A. for personal and direct representation during each step of the process. The sooner you enlist our help, the better your chances of achieving your immigration goals!