Skip to content

E-2 Visa

Winning Legal Advocacy

What is the E-2 visa?

An E-2 visa is a treaty investor visa. If you are looking to invest a significant amount of capital into a United States based business, this is the visa you will need. Your country must also reside on the approved list of countries that the United States has a treaty with regarding commerce and navigation. You may apply for one if you are currently in the United States under valid non-immigrant status or if you are outside of the U.S. However, if you are outside of the U.S., this visa does not allow your family to come with you. If you need assistance in obtaining an E-2 visa, our Miami immigration lawyer serving throughout South Florida is more than capable to help you.

Eligibility for an E-2 Visa

There are a few requirements you will need to meet prior to being provided with an E-2 visa:

  • You must be from a country that is currently in a treaty with the United States for commerce.
  • You must be investing in a genuine business and are present in the United States solely for this reason.
  • The amount of money being invested must be substantial. This means that the amount should give you at least 50% ownership in the business or that you have some level of operational control in the company.

To prove that you have possess these requirements, you must have access to the needed documentation. To prove the business is genuine, be prepared to show documentation of tax returns, financial statements, or the like. You must also show evidence for the legitimacy of the money you are investing into the company to ensure that it does not come from fraudulent or illegal sources. If you seem to be struggling with any part of the process, you should contact Sibirsky Law Firm and rely on our experience and reliable services to help you acquire your visa and be on your way to conducting business.